DESIGNED w/a Consultation is an interior design service-offering from DESIGNED w/ Carla Aston that provides interior design direction, as well as answers to any pressing questions you may have regarding your home's environment.
Consultations are completed within 90 minutes and can be performed on-site or online, virtually. All consultations are done only as we can fit them into our schedule. These are very limited. Please call our studio prior to payment to see if we are able to accommodate your consultation.
Because there is a time limit for each consultation, we both need to be prepared to make the most of every minute we have.
Here’s a list outlining how you should prepare for our meeting:
- State your goals. Think about your purpose of the space we’ll be discussing, as well as the look and feel you want to achieve. Envision your ideal end result and then gather some example images of the things you like and the spaces that speak to the style you’d like to create.
- Specify your problems. What design dilemmas can I help you with? Make a list, starting with your most pressing issue, and then continue on down with more items needing to be improved in order of how urgent they are. During the consultation we’ll address the items in your list from the top down and go until the time is up.
- Think about your scope. You probably want/expect me to come up with ideas that are greater than what you’ve come up with; but it would be still be helpful for you to give me an idea of how ambitiously you’d like me to think. Do you want me to consider tearing through walls or throwing out all the furniture and starting over with your room? — OR — Do you have specific limitations in mind concerning budget, time frame, and scope? I ask because there’s no use for me to come up with grand ideas if there’s no way we’ll be able to make them happen. On the other hand, also remember: There’s no need to think too small either, especially if you happen to have a lot of $$$ hanging around in your back pocket for this project.
- Need paint color selections? Let me know beforehand so I can bring my paint decks.
- Remember: We only have 90 minutes, so don’t get too ambitious. I’ve covered of a lot of territory in consultations before, but I can’t design your whole house this way! :-)
- *Regarding on-site consultations only: If I arrive at your home and we come to the conclusion that you’ve just got too much to deal with and need to invest in one of my other interior design service offerings, you will only be billed $250 for a get-to-know-you meeting. Soon thereafter we will reconvene and begin working on your project with a more fitting approach.
Is DESIGNED w/a Consultation right for YOU?
It could be If you need more than just a quick question answered in a 20-minute DESIGNED in a Click session...
It could be if now isn't the best time to indulge in a full-service DESIGNED On-Location project...
If all you need is 90-minutes of uninterrupted time with a professional interior designer who can guide you towards your design goals, then yes... DESIGNED w/a Consultation is right for you!
1. DESIGNED w/a Consultation sessions are limited to one consultation per customer and are only available as my schedule permits.
2. DESIGNED w/a Consultation sessions should not be confused with our Free Friday Walk-Through offering, a service we provide potential clients who are considering investing in our full-service package, DESIGNED On-Location.