I love, Love, LOVE talking about the business of interior design!
And interior designer Tammy Cody gave me the perfect opportunity to do just that on her popular podcast, The Honest Home.
Click PLAY on the media player down below to begin listening right now. Or you can listen later on iTunes. Oh, and please feel free to fast-forward to the discussions you're most interested in hearing; I've listed our talking points and the time each began down below.
The Honest Home
Topic: The Ups & Downs of the Interior Design Business
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:40 - My background and journey to becoming an interior designer
- 1:37 - How I launched my career after college
- 2:34 - How I started my own business after working for someone else
- 3:30 - How I found my first client
- 5:12 - How blogging has helped my business grow
- 6:56 - My proudest moment as an interior designer
- 7:50 - My most regretful moment(s) as an interior designer
- 8:43 - My favorite design trend of the moment
- 9:23 - My business' biggest challenge
- 10:55 - My advice to new interior designers
- 12:46 - I explain my "dream client"
- 13:43 - I share the motto that keeps me motivated, even during the toughest of times